Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Google Cultural Institute

This is amazing! It allows anyone to virtually travel to a different place and even a different time period. This is great for students who do not have the means or opportunity to travel and explore the world. I know in third grade social studies, we study different countries throughout the world. I can definitely see myself implementing this website in my class as an introductory lesson for students to have an idea of what China, Italy, and Australia actually look like. Many of my students have never left the state, let alone the country, and if they did it was to visit their family in the Dominican Republic. Searching different pictures of the countries we study, allows students to actually picture in their own minds what and where they are studying. It all becomes "real" to them.

Takeaway Message:

I am definitely excited about putting together the WebQuest and actually implementing it into my own classroom to help enhance my students' writing. I am also eager about creating this instructional video with my group members!

No comments:

Post a Comment